Email Security – Archiving & Encryption
Help preserve information, facilitate compliance, and speed eDiscovery with a service that’s fast, scalable and secure. NNT’s Email Archiving and Encryption Services ensure you stay compliant and keeps your business protected.
Virtually every company needs to preserve email from loss or alteration. That’s because most firms have more than one employee who could accidentally or maliciously alter or delete critical emails. Also, over 90% of all businesses will be sued, and non-archived emails are often inadmissible as evidence.
All regulated businesses—including financial, healthcare, insurance, retail, and other industries—are required to archive email by a variety of compliance mandates. The incremental cost of inadequate email archiving can quickly escalate into tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
NNT’s Email archiving service is pre-integrated with our Hosted Exchange service and other NNTCloudOffice services. It can also be used as a standalone service if your email is hosted by Microsoft® Office 365 or in a Microsoft Exchange®, IBM Notes®, Groupwise, Google mail, IMail, Scalix, or Zimbra environment.
How NNT’s Email Archiving helps to preserve, protect, and recover your email
Even smaller firms can generate millions of emails. Email archiving means paying only for the mailboxes you need as you grow.
- Replicated via 8 data center copies vs. 4 at most for others
- Capture across virtually all devices
- Includes Exchange, imaP and POP
- Unlimited storage capacity and linear scalability
- Full indexing and extraction of 500+ file types (attachments)
- Ultra-fast data ingestion and searching across millions of emails
Email archiving helps ensure your messages are available to quickly search, identify, and recover.
- 3 different search methods and advanced full-text indexing
- Identify content with tagging tools & search inside attachments
- Implement legal or compliance holds
- Categorize results before exporting
- Recover messages back to the administrator’s mailbox in seconds
- Search across millions of emails in every mailbox in your account within seconds
The keys to compliance and eDiscovery mandates are record authenticity and preservation. Email archiving helps protect from loss, corruption, damage, or misuse.
- FIPs-certified AES 256-bit encryption of stored data
- Data is encrypted both in transit and at rest
- WORM-compliant tamper-proof media
- FISMA-compliant geo-replicated datacenters
- No co-mingling of data—data is stored in individual customer silos to prevent corruption
- Data resiliency assures the integrity of your stored emails
It’s easy to set up and use
For both users and administrators, Email Archiving offers an easy-to-use integrated experience.
- Access admin and searching features
- Grant different levels of accessibility and permissions
- No hardware or software licenses to buy
- Build reports based on archive activity
- Keep records immutably stored regardless of any attempts to alter or delete them
- Extend end-user archive access through our online
Encrypted Email from NNT’s Cloud Office Solutions provides a comprehensive encryption solution at both the organization-level and user-level to help ensure your confidential communications are safe, secure, and comply with state and federal legislation.
WHO SHOULD ENCRYPT EMAIL?
Organizations in certain industries, such as financial services or healthcare, have ethical, fiduciary, and regulatory duties to ensure that their client’s personal information remains confidential. Encrypted Email from NNT can help you comply with industry-specific privacy legislation, including:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- California Security Breach Notification Act (SB 1386)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- State-specific privacy laws (e.g. Michigan, Nevada, and Washington)
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Choose to encrypt email at the organization level and user level.
Company-Based/Policy Encrypted Email
Easily encrypts emails based on company-wide rules and policies you set up and manage, all without disrupting day-to-day workflow.
- All email content and attachments are automatically scanned to detect whether messages warrant encryption before being sent. For example, emails containing:
- Social security numbers
- Credit card numbers
- Patient information
- Legal case information
- Policies can be configured to encrypt and send, return to sender, or delete messages with insecure content
- Reduces human error and minimizes the risk of security breaches
- No additional software or plug-ins required
User-Based/On-Demand Encrypted Email
We also offer user-level encrypted email, which encrypts emails from the desktop client and can be used to encrypt intra-company and confidential communications on an as-needed basis.
HOW DO I MANAGE THE ENVIRONMENT?
You determine which regulations affect your business and which users you need to control. We host and manage the hardware and software to enable the encryption/decryption process and manage digital identities. We provide a powerful web-based administration console from which you set, review, and customize your organization’s privacy policies and administer users.
Jumpstart your efforts with a wide variety of commonly used rules, dictionaries, and expressions or create complex rule chains to suit your organization’s unique needs. You can monitor all messages and reject those that do not comply with company policies and procedures. Our analytics tool tracks every message that’s been processed and provides summary diagrams and detailed searchable reports.
HOW SECURE IS IT?
- Both Encrypted Mail solutions are backed by a globally-recognized Certificate Authority.
- Standards-based technologies are used, such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), S/MIME, and X.509 certificates to establish confidentiality, message integrity, and user authentication.
- Ensures the best commercially available encryption security for your messages
- All encrypted messages are digitally signed and can be validated to prove compliance as required
WHAT ATTACHMENTS DOES IT SUPPORT?
Encrypted Mail encrypts any MS Office document, PDF file, image file, and almost any other popular file format.
Deploy NNT Email Archiving today
Email Archiving & Encryption facilitates compliance, provides rapid eDiscovery and helps safeguard intellectual property. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us toll-free at 1-888-246-2473 or Sales@NNTSolutions.com.
You can also check out our knowledge base for more information: Email Archiving & Encription