Network & Security Assessment
A Network and Security Assessment is an intensive discovery, diagnostic, and planning service designed to document your network and check its critical components for security holes, reliability, and performance. This assessment can help ensure your network is running at peak performance and is protected from data loss, downtime, viruses, security breaches, and can help you comply with governmental regulatory concerns.
Whether you are interested in having NNT manage your network or are just wanting a second opinion, our Network and Security Assessment (NNTAuditIT) is the recommended 1st step. After the assessment is performed, you will be given thorough documentation on the status of your network so that corrective action can be taken. Our assessments analyze your network to identify vulnerabilities that pose a serious risk to your organization. Following the risk assessment, we will advise you on how to prevent unauthorized access, augment your security systems, better lock down sensitive data, become more mobile, and get more out of your existing technology infrastructure.
Here’s What You Get
Once you request an assessment, we will run our nonevasive Audit Tool which can complete in as little as 30 minutes. We will then conduct a 30-minute interview or give you a questionnaire to complete on your own time. Lastly, we will compile all the gathered information in a Client Risk Report Summary Report (see attached sample below) and a Full Assessment Detail Report as well as give you access to over 20 other network and security related reports. NNT can also provide you (at no extra charge) an Assessment Brief conducted by one of our Senior Engineers to present, review, and discuss everything in detail as well as answer any questions you may have.
Our Unique Process Has Many Benefits Over Other Assessments
- No software installed, so no one needs to know, including your current IT provider.
- No agents or probes living on your network.
- An average, mid-sized network can be scanned in less than 30 minutes.
To view one of our sample reports click the links below:
Contact us online or by calling today to schedule an assessment.
Some of What’s Included in Our Assessment
- Servers, workstations, printers, and non-AD devices like switches/routers/printers.
- Old computers that are still joined to the domain and have not been removed.
- Systems with missing patches, service packs, and security updates.
- Local accounts (per-system) with weak/insecure passwords.
- Systems with missing anti-virus, anti-spyware, or firewall misconfiguration.
- Security policy inconsistencies across network servers and computers.
- Outbound system access that should be blocked.
- Lack of content filtering (social media, entertainment, pornography, illegal downloads, etc.).
- Misconfiguration of user access to network shares.
- Detailed breakdown of AD security group membership.
- Old user accounts that still have access and have not been properly disabled.
- Internal systems with open ports that pose a potential security risk.
- External issues which put your network at risk of business disruption or data loss.
Government Regulatory Compliance:
- Our assessment uncovers whether your company is mandated to comply with regulatory standards. If so, we can help ensure compliance is met. Standards include:
- Visit NNT’s Regulatory Compliance Services for more information